Grace Lutheran Church of Lowell, Arkansas
GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH belongs of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, a church body which spans the United States and Canada. It also operates a number of foreign missions.
OUR CONGREGATION’S STATEMENT OF MISSION AND PURPOSE
"The mission of Grace Lutheran Church, as contained in Matthew 28:19-20, is: To reach out into our community with the Gospel of our Lord and Savior in all its truth and purity, and to provide Christian worship, education, and encouragement to all members of our congregation."
THE OBJECTIVES OF OUR MINISTRY ARE.....
* To maintain and enrich the faith of our membership and friends by providing them with a variety of opportunities (congregational and personal) to continue their spiritual growth through the Means of Grace. (II Peter 3:18)
* To equip and train our membership and friends through God's Word to be faithful stewards of all that He has given us for service in His Kingdom. (II Tim 3:16-17)
* To reach out as a congregation into our community and throughout the world through our words, actions, and offerings with the Good News of Jesus Christ, God's only-begotten Son. (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19-10)
* To provide an atmosphere of brotherly Christian love and encouragement through all of our organizations and activities for the edification of our membership and friends. (John 13:34-35; Acts 2:42,44; Hebrews 10:24-25)
* To develop Grace Lutheran Church into an indigenous congregation of Northwest Arkansas. (Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 9:19-23)
* To establish Grace Lutheran Church as the flagship congregation for the WELS in Northwest Arkansas.
ON THE BASIS OF GOD’S WORD, WE BELIEVE, TEACH AND CONFESS.....
...that the Bible is the totally inspired and error-free Word of God. (2 Tim 3:15-17)
...that the Bible is the only source and standard of faith and life for the Christian. (Jn 10:35)
...that God created this world and our first parents to be perfect and holy. (Gen 1:31; Lev19:2)
...that, because of sin, we have all failed to live up to God's holy standards; consequently,
we deserve to be punished eternally. (Rom 3:23; Rom 6:23)
...that the only way for anyone to be saved from the terrible consequences of our sins is
through faith in Jesus Christ our Savior. (Acts 16:31; Rom 10:17)
...that faith is God the Holy Spirit's work - not something we personally accomplish. (I Cor 12:3)
...that we are saved by God's grace (His undeserved love), and that no one can earn
his or her way into God's favor by doing good deeds. (Eph 2:8-10)
...that, in response to God's love for us, Christians will want to live God-pleasing lives and
seek to serve God and to do His will. (I Cor 10:31)
...that whoever trusts in Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin will not die eternally,
but will have everlasting life. (Jn 3:16)